Monday 23 July 2012

Garden Inspiration

Summer really has finally arrived here!  After so many rainy days, and nights, and weeks!  And suddenly the garden has gone wild with insane growth!

So.  On this hot, sunny day, the bushes needed to be tackled.  You can't really see my garden in this picture, Friends.  I took it from my lounge window, and basically "my" garden begins where the shed is, and continues down to the end.  I'll have to take some real photos of my little piece of ground later ..




 It was hot work...and now there's lots of "rubbish" to remove.  I think I said the other day..and if I didn't, I will now...that the previous tenants weren't so much into gardening, so it's going to take some work to get everything looking really nice and spiffy again...

In the meantime though, as I cool down, I'll share with you a poem I wrote in 2005, after a different hot day, working in a different garden....




Sevenling

Saturday afternoon in the garden,
Pulling weeds, planting corn -
Enjoying the refreshing breeze.

I sat on the swing
Shelling English Garden Peas
And made my plans to freeze

The harvest.



I hope you are all enjoying wonderful weather, and life in general.  

Be blessed with sunshine..if not from the sky, from your hearts! 

Namaste




All content ©artysane

No comments:

Post a Comment